Are you, sick – and – tired, of public officials, seeming to, consistently, appear to prioritize their personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest. rather than the greater good, and creating a meeting – of – the – minds? When, certain politicians, seem to contradict themselves, and expose them, as hypocrites, etc, by changing their stances, and positions, based on what they seem to believe, might serve their political best – interests, why do voters, continue allowing this, and electing these types of individuals? In the past few years, we have witnessed this, over, and over – again, regarding many positions, and conditions, which should be considered, priorities! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, review, examine, and discuss, 5 specific areas, where we must insist upon, quality policy and actions, being prioritized, over, politics – as – usual!
1. Infrastructure: For decades, America’s infrastructure has been crumbling, and, because of an unwillingness, to take timely action, during that time, conditions, today, are approaching, a dangerous condition! Shouldn’t our mass transit system, including our train and bus systems, be, state – of – the – art? What are they waiting for, regarding, roads, bridges, tunnels, etc? Will there have to be some catastrophe, before they take action? We are witnessing, today, partisan politics, once – again, getting in the way, of meaningful, desirable actions!
2. Climate: Who should we trust and believe, the politicians, who are denying the dangers of Climate Change (and, even its existence), or the scientists, and experts? Nearly, everyone, has seen, a significant increase, in the numbers, and severity, of major weather – related issues, etc, and, when, ocean levels seem to be constantly, rising, the polar ice is melting, and predictions, of significant ramifications, into the future, shouldn’t we demand, those we elect, be more responsible, and responsive, in this area?
3. Environment: Isn’t it our responsibility, to turn – over, a planet, to future generations, which is safe, healthy, and human – friendly? We must address environmental issues, and ensure, cleaner air and water quality, etc!
4. Constitutional guarantees: We must demand, our Constitution, is restored, to a symbol of freedom, rights, fairness, and democracy, around – the – world! This must be done, comprehensively, and not, merely, selective! Everyone must be able to expect, a fairer, legal, and judicial system, true, equal opportunities, in employment, education, etc, and a nation, which puts people, before partisan politics!
5. Public health: Unless/ until, we place overall, public health, ahead of selfish, me – first, focus and emphasis, we all lose! When, even, overcoming this horrific pandemic, becomes a partisan political issue, we all lose!
Wake up, America, and demand, policy and people, over partisan politics, personal/ political agendas, and self – interest! Will you stand – up, for what, America, should, and must be, and represent?