Why do, so many, American citizens/ voters, continue, avoiding, learning effectively, essential lessons, from the past, and vote, for politicians, who, simply, articulate, the same – old, empty rhetoric, and promises, when meaningful ideas, efforts, and well – considered, actions, are needed, and necessary? Wouldn’t it, make more sense, if more of us, demanded, our public officials, earned our trust and respect, and had the open – mind, and integrity, to consider options and alternatives, and proceed, in a CREATIVE manner? With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means, and why it matters.
1. Character; coordinate; cooperate: While individuals, are capable of improving, learning, and becoming more effective, at what they do, their basis, quality of character, rarely changes, so, shouldn’t voters, seriously, consider these qualities, before supporting any candidate? We need public officials, who prioritize, cooperation, and seek a meeting – of – the – minds, for the common good, by coordinating efforts, and proceeding, creatively, with pragmatic idealism, rather than being rigid/ inflexible!
2. Relevant; reliable; responsive: Beware, ideas, themselves, are, often, far – different, from introducing, relevant, reliable strategies, and actions, which are responsive, both, to present needs and perceptions, as well as sustainable realities! It takes proceeding, with an open – mind, and a willingness to be creative and innovative, rather than, merely, accepting the same – old, same – old!
3. Empathy; emphasis; efforts: Since, no one, knows it – all, it is essential to elect individuals, who are willing to effectively, listen, and learn, and align his emphasis, accordingly! When one proceeds, with genuine empathy, his potential to maximize the positive possibilities, of his efforts, voters, and our society, become the winners!
4. Attitude; aptitude; attention; articulate: We would all benefit, if those, we elected, to serve and represent us, and our best interests, rather than any personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest! This true, positive attitude, aligned with developing the quality, aptitude, and skill – set, and a willingness, to pay keen attention, objectively, makes a significant difference, for the better! The message, one articulates, will either, inspire and motivate, or, encourage and enable, the so – called, bad actors!
5. Together; timely; time – tested: We need leaders, who seek to bring us together, rather than, encourage, polarization! This requires, proceeding, consistently, with well – considered, timely actions, and the insights, gained, from time – tested, knowledge, and expertise!
6. Integrity; insights; imagine; innovate: Genuine integrity must be absolute, and perceived, as – such! Only, then, will he become capable of, the degree of relevant, imagination, and innovation, to bring forth, the finest insights!
7. Virtues; value; values; vision: How one uses, his personal virtues, and his vital, vibrant visions, often, determine, the value, he will institute! His personal values, must, align, with those of our nation, and society!
8. Excellence; endure; enrich: Great leaders need persistence, and a willingness to endure, to enrich their constituents! They must demand their utmost degree of genuine, personal excellence!
Wake up, America, and elect public officials, who are CREATIVE, in the most beneficial way! Will you be, a better, more responsible voter?